So this is what I found online one day:
A mean mom…
- Tries to get her kids to bed on time on school nights.
- Limits the amount of caffeine, sugar, and processed foods her children consume.
- Limits the amount of time her kids spend watching TV, playing video games, and surfing the net.
- Is true to her word. If she says, “You can’t watch TV until your room is clean,” then you can’t watch TV until your room is clean.
- Knows where her kids are at all times—including her teenagers.
- Insists on knowing who her kids are hanging out with.
- Demands that her children show respect to their teachers and other adults.
- Expects her children to do their best.
- Screens the movies and music her children want to see and hear.
- Disciplines her children, even when it breaks her heart.
- Knows that being “mean” will benefit her children in the long run.
Just kidding. That’s bullshit.
Here’s what I would tell anyone who wanted to be a mom one day:
An ACTUAL mean mom
- Lies to her child about getting into a prestigious school program because it’s inconvenient for her new boyfriend
- Screams at her child until they break down in their room and agree to go to a mental hospital
- Reads their child’s text and yells at them if they say something to a friend/parent that she doesn’t like
- Refuses to allow their child to eat food if she’s upset with them
- Makes the child feel like a burden
- Gets mad when she has to drive them anywhere and makes them feel bad the entire drive
- Lies about the children’s wants and needs
- Tells kids they should be lucky she takes care of them
- Mocks her kids’ tastes in TV and movies
- Tells them it’s not their choice what other people do to their bodies, i.e. being tickled, poked, or hugged
- Uses her kids’ friends as leverage and engages other parents in enabling said behavior.